Photography is a part of his visual notes to remember. Collecting stories from the street of his hometown Denpasar, Bali, Anggara learns in-depth photojournalism and develops citizen journalism on his blog, in addition to publishing his works on local and national newspapers and magazines.
In 2012, Anggara became a wild card participant in an award-winning photographer, John Stanmeyer’s photo workshop in Ubud, Bali and made a documentary photo about Bali Bomb survivor. During the workshop, his concept, ideas and vision of photography have sharpened to capture the changes and shifting that happened in the society.
Currently, Anggara is involved with a local foundation that supports human empowerment and environment conservation. He became a facilitator for the children of Belandingan to create powerful images of the village that boasts natural potential and brought it to an exhibition, back in 2011.
Anggara is now dedicating his free time to solo traveling on his classic motorbike to see the world in different perspectives.
- 2014. Permata Photojournalist Grant 2014
- 2012. Bali Photo Workshop with John Stanmeyer
- 2014 . “Celebration of Prophet Muhammad” Freedom Week, Jakarta, Indonesia.
- 2014 . “Ritual” photo story exhibition at Denpasar Film Festival, a documentary film festival in Bali.
- 2013 . “Vision International Image Festival” , Denpasar – Bali.
- 2012 . “Human Race” journalism photo exhibition with AJI (Aliansi Jurnalis Independen), Denpasar, Indonesia.
- 2012 . “Bali 2011” with Bali Post, Denpasar, Indonesia.
- 2012 . “Infinite Landscape” with Alliance Francaise Denpasar at Bentara Budaya Bali, Gianyar, Indonesia.
- 2011 . “Zoom in Bali” at Bentara Budaya Bali, Gianyar, Indonesia.
- 2011 . “Bali Saat Ini” at Bentara Budaya Bali, Gianyar, Indonesia.
- Email. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web. www.anggaramahendra.com